I’ve noticed several blogs mentioning SoFoBoMo lately. And I’ve gotten some email inquiries, as well. So I’ll just put it out there that there will be a SoFoBoMo 2009.
Yesterday I started an email conversation with Bernie Sumption, the guy who built the current sofobomo.org website. We’re working out what we should have on that website as things start ramping up for SoFoBoMo 2009.
Things currently under consideration:
- Registration to participate on the SoFoBoMo.org website. This will give us a much easier time when it comes to knowing who’s signed up, how many people have signed up, etc.
- a blog aggregator, similar to what Gordon McGregor did with Yahoo Pipes for 2008.
- hosting of pdf’s directly, so that people aren’t forced to deal with www.issuu.com and similar document hosting services.
- a section for 2008 participants to provide brief writings on what they got from their participation, with an eye to letting people thinking of trying it this time what they can expect to put in and get out of participation.
- a ‘resources’ page, with info pointing people toward good resources.
So far the feedback has been that the fuzzy month thing (e.g. you get 31 contiguous days which must fall entirely inside the months of April and May) worked well for folks. I think it should remain a SoFoBoMo feature, since there are quite a few people who wouldn’t have particpated in 2008 if it weren’t for the flexibility it offered.
I’m sure there’s more I should be getting out there, but that’s all that occurs to me for now. Got questions? Put’em in the comments, please.